12 Things Only Broad Street Runners Know
- The different corrals at the starting line make you feel like a herd of animals. (via GIPHY)
- You have to wait forever to even start the race…then you have to run 10 miles. (via GIPHY)
- Runners have no shame when nature calls. (via GIPHY)
- Cell phone service is so unreliable. (via GIPHY)
TIP: Download your music to your phone and designate a gathering spot for the finish line!
- Your friends and family come to cheer you on, but you can never find them. (via GIPHY)
- Drinking while running is harder than it looks. (via GIPHY)
- Your shoes get all sticky when you run past the drink stations.
- The local community comes together just to cheer you on!
- You can always count on the spectators for a high-five.
- Mile 8 is the most uneventful. You already passed the good spots and everyone else is waiting for you at the finish line. (via GIPHY)
- When you reach the stadiums and realize you’re not done yet…
- The finish line is absolute chaos. Your friends and family are lost in a sea of people and your legs are about to fall off. But there are pretzels! (via GIPHY)