25 Random Landmarks to Watch For During the Broad Street Run
- Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia – 0.0 miles.
Einstein’s got you covered from start to finish. Begin the run right in our front yard, and meet up with your friends and family at the big purple Einstein balloon when you finish at The Navy Yard. Good luck!
- HAHA’s Market – 0.4 miles.
As in “Haha, it hasn’t even been half a mile yet!”
- Broad Street Subway – the first stop you’ll pass.
Having second thoughts? Now’s your chance.
- Sid Booker’s Shrimp Corner – 0.9 miles.
Finish the first mile with a quick shrimp pit stop.
- Prince Hall Grand Lodge of PA – 1.2 miles.
What even happens at Masonic Temples?
- Joe Frazier’s Gym – 2.7 miles.
Unfortunately, box springs have replaced boxing
- Jackie Robinson Mural – 2.8 miles.
Celebrate number 42 and ignore the fact that you still have 4.2 miles left (plus 3 miles.)
- Grover Washington, Jr. Mural – 3.6 miles.
If you time it right, you can hear some Grover on your playlist as you pass this mural.
- Cecil B. Moore – 4 miles.
Six “Moore” miles to go!
- Ali, Foreman, Frazier and Holmes Mural – 4.3 miles.
Get motivated by greatness.
- Divine Lorraine Hotel – 4.8 miles.
Make sure you take the time to really take in this architectural marvel (one of the city’s best) as you approach mile 5.
- Rodeph Shalom Synagogue – 5 miles.
Mazel tov, you’re halfway there!
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – 5.3 miles.
OK, Sure, they’ve both moved. But, still, imagine the headline: Extra! Extra! Read all about it… some historic sights coming up.
- The Paint Torch at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts – 5.6 miles.
Imagine doing these 10 miles holding a torch. Your arm gets tired just thinking about it.
- City Hall – 5.7 miles.
Too bad the run doesn’t go through City Hall courtyard. Make sure you check it out sometime!
- Clothes Pin – 5.9 miles.
Try not to think about how badly you need to throw those clothes you’re wearing in the laundry the second you get home.
- Union League of Philadelphia – 6.1 miles.
Historic buildings like this are what makes this city special.
- Wawa – 6.1 miles.
The first Wawa with seating… but don’t think about rest now.
- Philadelphia High School for the Creative and Performing Arts – 6.8 miles.
From this point, it’s basically a 5K to the finish line.
- Boot & Saddle – 7 miles.
A little foreshadowing, perhaps? Three more miles until that celebratory beer!
- Passyunk Ave – 8 miles.
Did you know that Passyunk Avenue is one of the only diagonal streets in Philadelphia?
- Columbus Monument – 8.5 miles.
1.5 miles before you discover the finish line!
- Random Italian Villa-looking Houses – 8.7 miles.
A great South Philly tradition!
- The Stadium Complex – 9 miles.
So close! You can even see your family members cars.
- The Philadelphia Navy Yard – 10 miles.
Congratulations, you made it! You’re tired and ready to celebrate, so avoid the chaos by making plans to meet your friends and family at the big purple Einstein balloon!