Add Heart-Healthy Pulled Pork Sliders to Your Party Menu
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 18 whole wheat mini-burger buns, split
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Lightly coat a shallow skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sear pork loin in skillet over medium-high heat, turning to brown all sides. Transfer to baking pan and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 145°. As an alternative to baking in the oven, the pork loin can be cooked in a slow-cooker, on high, for 4 hours.
- Allow pork loin to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred pork completely. In a large bowl, toss pork with BBQ sauce, coating evenly.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add spinach and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer pulled pork to buns and top with spinach. Serve hot.
Copyright 2016 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010