Add Spice to Your Labor Day With this Healthy Burger
Made with lean meat and topped with fresh vegetables, this spicy burger is perfect for summer grilling. If you don’t have a spicy palette, omit the hot sauce or reduce it to a small dash for just a hint of flavor.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 4 whole wheat burger buns split
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- Lightly coat a grill rack or broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray and preheat.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salt, pepper, parsley and hot sauce. Form beef into 4 patties and refrigerate.
- Grill onion slices, about 5 minutes, turning once, until onions are softened. Remove from heat and set aside. Grill burgers, about 8 minutes, turning once, until cooked medium well.
- On the bottom of each roll layer a tomato slice, burger, grilled onion and top of each roll.
Serving size: 1 4-oz burger
Saturated Fat: 3g
Copyright 2016-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD