Bake a Batch of Gluten-Free Coconut Macaroons
Light, airy and sweet, these gluten free cookies are a pretty addition to your holiday dessert table. At 80 calories per cookie, these coconut macaroons are healthy holiday cookies everyone will love.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz egg whites (about 5 to 6 egg whites)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and cornstarch until the cornstarch has no lumps. Add the coconut and the vanilla and whisk to combine. Add the egg whites and whisk until combined.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop dough by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets on a wire rack. Remove from baking sheets when completely cool.
Serving size: 1 cookie
Saturated Fat: 3g
Copyright 2016-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD