Caprese Wreath Is Diabetic-Friendly and Heart-Healthy
Here’s a holiday appetizer that is festive, healthy and easy. With only four ingredients, this holiday wreath appetizer can be put together in minutes.
- 1/2 baguette loaf (6 oz) cut into 3/4″ slices
- 2 bunches fresh basil leaves (about 50 leaves)
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes
- 16 oz mozzarella balls
- Approximately 16–20 toothpicks
- On a large round platter, arrange the baguette slices in a circle. Arrange the basil leaves on top of the baguette slices to cover the bread completely.
- Thread a cherry tomato and a mozzarella ball on each toothpick, with the toothpick end sticking out on the cherry tomato side. Insert the threaded toothpicks through the basil leaves and into the bread slices, to cover the whole “wreath” circle.
Serving size: Approximately 1 baguette slice with 2 tomatoes and 1 mozzarella ball
Saturated Fat: 3g
Copyright 2016-2017 © All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
No information provided by Baldwin Publishing, Inc. in any article or in any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service is a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical condition. Baldwin Publishing, Inc. strongly suggests that you use this information in consultation with your doctor or other health professional. Use or viewing of any Baldwin Publishing, Inc. article or any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service signifies your understanding and agreement to the disclaimer and acceptance of these .