Celebrating Cancer Survivorship
And without a doubt, survivorship richly deserves a celebration.
So on June 3, Einstein Philadelphia Cancer Center hosted an event in recognition of National Cancer Survivors Day. The event was presented in conjunction with the Iris Fund. Cancer survivors enjoyed an evening of dinner, music performed by The Central High School Jazz Band Ensemble and Philadelphia Clef Club Ensemble, along with a meet and greet with some of their fellow survivors.
Einstein Healthcare Network Patient Navigator Tracy Kane was the master of ceremonies. Dr. Lisa Jablon, director of the Breast Program at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, offered welcoming remarks.
Dr. Mark Morginstin, on trumpet, started off the event with the National Anthem, and Elder Michael J. Beauford, Beloved St. John Evangelistic, offered the invocation.
Among those offering comments, testimonials and congratulations:
- Naomi Faison, Cancer Survivor—”God Is Not Through Blessing You”
- Millie Neal, Flashlight, billing specialist
- Harry Schwartz of The Iris Fund
- Bernadette Rahatt and Arnold Dickerson—”What Being a Survivor Means To Me”
- Dr. Mark Morginstin, physician lead, Survivorship Program
Here are some photographs from that festive event. (Photos by Wes Hilton)