Cranberry Almond Trail Mix: A Sweet and Salty Treat
Hit the trails with this tasty trail mix in your backpack, and you’ll have energy for miles. Sweet and salty flavors combine for the perfect hiking pick-me-up.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricot chopped
- 1 cup (about 1 oz) sesame sticks or pretzel sticks
- 1/3 cup unsalted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Lightly coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the oats and toast for about 1 minute.
- In a small cup, combine cinnamon and vanilla.
- Drizzle the vanilla mixture over the oats and stir continuously, until lightly brown, about 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the toasted oats and the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Saturated Fat: 3g
Copyright 2017-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: March 23, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD