Einstein Presents: A Heart-Healthy Take on Pumpkin Spice Smoothies
In collaboration with Einstein’s Heart and Vascular team and the American Heart Association, we’re sharing some of our favorite holiday-friendly recipes with a heart-healthy twist.
Pumpkin pie may be a holiday staple, but these pumpkin spice smoothies add a whimsical, low-fat way to enjoy our favorite dessert. Pro tip: Make sure you secure real pumpkin for this recipe, instead of pumpkin pie filling.
- 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 cup fat-free, plain yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 6 Tbsp. rolled oats
- 6 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 12 ice cubes (roughly 1 cup)
- Into a blender, add pumpkin, yogurt, milk and blend
- Add oats, honey, pumpkin pie spice and blend on low
- Add ice and blend
- Blend until smooth and frothy, about 1 minute. Pour into a glass and serve.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association.