Garden Fresh and Crunchy: Baked Zucchini Sticks
Instead of grabbing a bag of chips, snack on these tasty baked zucchini sticks. Panko bread crumbs give them a nice crunch without frying.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 2 tsp chopped fresh
- 1 tsp dried thyme or 2 tsp chopped fresh
- 1 tsp dried basil or 2 tsp chopped fresh
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 medium zucchini
- Low-fat Ranch dressing for dipping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, thyme, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice into 4″ x 1/2″-inch sticks.
- Dip the zucchini sticks into the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until softened. Place under broiler for 5 minutes, or until slightly browned. Serve with Ranch dressing, if desired.
Serving size: about 5 sticks
Saturated Fat: 1g
Copyright 2017-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: June 5, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD