A Healthy Alternative to Fried Chicken
Next time you’re craving fried chicken, try this healthy alternative. With only four ingredients, this crispy baked chicken recipe is coated in crunchy walnuts and packed with immune-boosting nutrients.
- 8 chicken breast boneless and skinless (3 oz each)
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat chicken with flour and then dip each breast in buttermilk. Coat each chicken breast with walnuts.
- Heat non-stick pan on medium and spray it with vegetable oil. Place chicken in pan and cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes regulating the heat to avoid burning walnut crust.
- Transfer chicken to oven to bake thoroughly, approximately 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast registers 165°. Remove from pan when cooked. Slice each chicken breast diagonally into 4 pieces. Serve hot.
Serving size: 3 oz chicken
Saturated Fat: 1g
Copyright 2017-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD