Healthy Football Party Food: Mini Chicken Nachos
Corn chips will never be the same once you try this healthy recipe for mini chicken tacos. This healthy chicken filling and these tasty toppings work great in standard corn taco shells too.
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock (gluten free if needed)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 24 baked round corn chips (gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 avocado sliced thin
- 2 radishes sliced thin
- 2 jalapeño peppers sliced thin
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (gluten free if needed)
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Lightly coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Add garlic, cumin and paprika and stir. Add the shredded chicken and stir. Add the stock. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil. Add cilantro and lime juice and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir well. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Top each chip with a tablespoon of chicken mixture and desired toppings. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 3 chips
Saturated Fat: 1g
Copyright 2016-2018 © All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
No information provided by Baldwin Publishing, Inc. in any article or in any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service is a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical condition. Baldwin Publishing, Inc. strongly suggests that you use this information in consultation with your doctor or other health professional. Use or viewing of any Baldwin Publishing, Inc. article or any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service signifies your understanding and agreement to the disclaimer and acceptance of these .