Healthy Football Party Food: Seven-Layer Dip
Snack on this healthy Seven-Layer Dip when you watch the game. Instead of high-fat refried beans and sour cream, this tasty dip is packed with healthy black beans, yogurt and avocados.
- 2 avocados pitted and peeled
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 4 oz fat-free Greek yogurt (gluten free if needed)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 plum tomatoes diced, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced, or 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, diced, optional
- 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions chopped
- In a small bowl, mash the avocados. Add the lime juice, salt and black pepper and stir to combine.
- In another small bowl, combine yogurt, chili powder and cumin.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large, shallow ovenproof glass pan, spread the black beans.
- Spread the avocado mixture over beans. Spread the yogurt mixture over the avocados. Sprinkle the tomatoes, red onion and bell pepper (if using) over the avocados. Sprinkle with the cheese. Top with scallions and additional chopped tomato.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Serving size: about 1/4 cup
Saturated Fat: 1g
Copyright 2016-2018 © All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
No information provided by Baldwin Publishing, Inc. in any article or in any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service is a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical condition. Baldwin Publishing, Inc. strongly suggests that you use this information in consultation with your doctor or other health professional. Use or viewing of any Baldwin Publishing, Inc. article or any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service signifies your understanding and agreement to the disclaimer and acceptance of these .