Healthy Football Party Food: Stuffed Jalapenos
Try this easy appetizer that packs a punch. These stuffed jalapeños are the perfect party food. Stuff them early, then pop them in the oven just before guests arrive.
- 12 large jalapeño peppers
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 oz shredded extra sharp reduced-fat cheddar cheese or jack cheese
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- On a flat surface, slice the jalapeños lengthwise (wear rubber gloves). With a small spoon, scrape out the seeds and ribs from each jalapeño and discard. Set jalapeño halves aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, half the cheddar cheese, the onion and the cilantro. Stir to combine. Season the mixture with the salt, black pepper and cumin. Stir to combine.
- With a spoon, fill the peppers with the cream cheese filling. Arrange the peppers on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining half of the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned and the peppers are softened. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving size: 2 jalapeño halves
Saturated Fat: 2g
Copyright 2016-2018 © All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
No information provided by Baldwin Publishing, Inc. in any article or in any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service is a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical condition. Baldwin Publishing, Inc. strongly suggests that you use this information in consultation with your doctor or other health professional. Use or viewing of any Baldwin Publishing, Inc. article or any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service signifies your understanding and agreement to the disclaimer and acceptance of these .