A Heart-Healthy Treat: Cranberry Nut Bread
Make this quick bread for the holidays or any time you want an easy, delicious snack. Orange juice sweetens this cranberry recipe and chopped nuts give it a nice crunch. It’s diabetic-friendly and heart-healthy.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 egg well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in orange juice, orange zest, oil and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
Serving size: about 1/2 inch thick slice
Saturated Fat: 0g
Copyright 2016-2017 © All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
No information provided by Baldwin Publishing, Inc. in any article or in any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service is a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical condition. Baldwin Publishing, Inc. strongly suggests that you use this information in consultation with your doctor or other health professional. Use or viewing of any Baldwin Publishing, Inc. article or any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service signifies your understanding and agreement to the disclaimer and acceptance of these .