These Holiday Truffles are Packed with Protein
Perfect for a protein boost when you need a treat, these little truffle bites can be rolled in different toppings for a pretty holiday gift.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 cup whey protein booster
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp ground pistachios
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a mixing bowl, add peanut butter, whey protein booster and honey. Beat until well combined. Roll into 16 (1-inch) balls and arrange on baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave on high in 10-second increments, stirring until smooth. Coat 4 of the truffles in the melted chocolate and place on baking sheet. Place the coconut flakes, chia seeds and pistachios in separate small bowls. Roll 4 of the truffles in each topping and arrange on baking sheet. Keep refrigerated until serving. Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Serving size: 1 truffle
Saturated Fat: 1g
Copyright 2017 © All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: October 5, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
No information provided by Baldwin Publishing, Inc. in any article or in any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service is a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical condition. Baldwin Publishing, Inc. strongly suggests that you use this information in consultation with your doctor or other health professional. Use or viewing of any Baldwin Publishing, Inc. article or any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service signifies your understanding and agreement to the disclaimer and acceptance of these .