What to Do With the Leftovers: Healthy Turkey Soup
Make this easy soup with some leftover turkey. It will be ready in about an hour. It’s diabetic-friendly, gluten-free and heart-healthy.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with liquid
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups vegetable broth (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 can (15 oz) great Northern beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (about 16 oz) cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup cubed zucchini
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in carrot, celery, pepper, oregano and basil. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid, water, broth and beans and stir. Cover saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add turkey, zucchini and parsley and cook until zucchini is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve.
Serving size: 1 cup
Saturated Fat: 0g
Copyright 2016-2017 © All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
No information provided by Baldwin Publishing, Inc. in any article or in any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service is a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical condition. Baldwin Publishing, Inc. strongly suggests that you use this information in consultation with your doctor or other health professional. Use or viewing of any Baldwin Publishing, Inc. article or any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service signifies your understanding and agreement to the disclaimer and acceptance of these .