Pork Kebabs Spice Up Father’s Day
The simple marinade in this pork kebabs recipe can be used for any meat or poultry. Colorful peppers and red onion make these kebabs fun for a summer cookout.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 lbs pork loin cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers (assorted colors) sliced into 1 1/2 inch-wide pieces
- 1 large red onion sliced into 1 1/2 inch-wide pieces
- In a large glass bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, garlic, dill and red-pepper flakes. Add the pork and marinate, refrigerated, for 4 hours or overnight.
- Thread pork, bell pepper and red onion pieces on metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush the remaining marinade over skewers.
- Grill over high heat for 3 minutes per side, or until charred and cooked through.
Serving size: 2 kebabs
Saturated Fat: 2g
Copyright 2017-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: August 29, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD