Serve This Heart-Healthy Burger for Opening Day
The start of spring means baseball is back! On March 29, celebrate America’s favorite pastime with an all-American Opening Day Burger. Made with lean meat and topped with fresh vegetables, this spicy burger is heart healthy. Play ball!
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 4 whole wheat burger buns split
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- Lightly coat a grill rack or broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray and preheat.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salt, pepper, parsley and hot sauce. Form beef into 4 patties and refrigerate.
- Grill onion slices, about 5 minutes, turning once, until onions are softened. Remove from heat and set aside. Grill burgers, about 8 minutes, turning once, until cooked medium well.
- On the bottom of each roll layer a tomato slice, burger, grilled onion and top of each roll.
Serving size: 1 4-oz burger
Saturated Fat: 3g
Copyright 2016-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD