Stir Up Some Healthy Eggnog
For this year’s holiday party, try this healthy eggnog. Made with coconut milk and almond milk instead of unhealthy heavy cream, this eggnog lets you enjoy a holiday treat without guilt.
- 2 cups canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 allspice berries
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg plus additional for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut milk, vanilla almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves and allspice over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, with a handheld electric mixer, whip the egg yolks until they are light yellow.
- With a whisk, whisk constantly, and gradually add about 2 cups of the warmed milk mixture into the egg yolks.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the remaining milk mixture and whisk to combine. Heat the mixture for 5 minutes, but do not boil. (Boiling will curdle the milk.) Remove from the heat. In a sieve, strain out whole spices. Whisk in the nutmeg.
- Transfer to a glass bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Top with a sprinkle of ground nutmeg, if desired.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Saturated Fat: 6g
Copyright 2016-2017 © All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
No information provided by Baldwin Publishing, Inc. in any article or in any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service is a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical condition. Baldwin Publishing, Inc. strongly suggests that you use this information in consultation with your doctor or other health professional. Use or viewing of any Baldwin Publishing, Inc. article or any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service signifies your understanding and agreement to the disclaimer and acceptance of these .