A Warming Meal on a Chilly Night: Beef Chili
Warm up a chilly night with this easy beef chili recipe. It’s made in one big pot and feeds a gang. It’s so low calorie you can top it off with a small sprinkle of reduced fat cheddar cheese if you’d like.
- 2 lbs 95% fat free ground chuck
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 jalapeño peppers seeded and chopped
- 4 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cans (15 oz each) no-salt-added kidney beans
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (28 oz) tomato purée
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (gluten free if needed)
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1/3 cup ketchup (gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup water
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, cook beef until browned. Drain the beef and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, jalapenos, and garlic and sauté until onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add reserved beef and the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Saturated Fat: 2g
Copyright 2016-2017 © All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
No information provided by Baldwin Publishing, Inc. in any article or in any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service is a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical condition. Baldwin Publishing, Inc. strongly suggests that you use this information in consultation with your doctor or other health professional. Use or viewing of any Baldwin Publishing, Inc. article or any Health eCooking® video, recipe, article and/or other Health eCooking product or service signifies your understanding and agreement to the disclaimer and acceptance of these .