The Benefits of Kidney Transplant
Dealing with kidney disease can be overwhelming. You may feel as if you’ll never get better. However, people with kidney disease have more options available to them than just receiving dialysis. Transplant is one option that can offer them a higher quality of life and give them more time to enjoy activities they love. Learn more about the benefits of a kidney transplant and get answers to commonly asked questions about transplant.
About the Kidney
Kidneys filter waste from the body, but do even more than that:
Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Disease
When a person’s kidney isn’t functioning properly, it affects them in a number of ways:
There are even more kidney failure symptoms in addition to some of the more recognizable ones. These include:
- Nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite
- Fatigue & brain fog
- Swelling in ankles or stomach
- Difficulty urinating
- Urine that’s red, brown, or purple in color or thick in texture
Kidney Dialysis: How It Works
People with kidney failure go on dialysis to remove waste from their bodies. In dialysis, a machine does the work of what a healthy kidney would usually do.
How a Kidney Transplant Can Help
Dialysis replaces the function of a healthy kidney, but it’s not a cure for kidney disease. While transplant is not a cure, either, it can open new doors to people with kidney disease—giving them more time, more energy, and a chance at living the life they deserve.
Understanding Your Options
If you’re dealing with kidney disease, it’s important to understand what treatment options are available to you. Knowing more about the road ahead can give you greater peace of mind and help you to better envision the life you deserve. At Einstein, we’re committed to helping you find the best available options and standing by your side at every step of your journey. Ready to take the next step together?
- Download a free eBook to learn more about kidney transplant and care at Einstein. Understand more about the journey to and after transplant, discover more warning signs, and get answers to some of the most commonly-asked questions about the kidney transplant process, including how to get on a waiting list.
- Have more questions about the kidney transplant process? Get in touch with our care team. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.
View and share the full infographic below for at-a-glance information about the benefits of kidney transplant.