Healthy Cupcakes are Gluten-Free
You can be gluten free and have your cupcakes too with these rich, flourless chocolate cupcakes. This easy gluten free cupcakes recipe is quick and delicious.
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (or 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips)
- 6 Tbsp trans fat free margarine
- 6 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 275°. Line 18 cups of two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and margarine. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir, and continue to microwave at 10-second intervals until melted. Add the egg yolks to the melted chocolate and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, whisk egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until peaks are stiff and glossy but not dry (do not overbeat). Whisk one-third of the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Gently fold the chocolate-egg white mixture into remaining whites.
- With an ice-cream scoop, divide batter evenly among 18 lined cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until cupcakes are just set in centers, about 25 minutes. Transfer pans to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes (their centers may sink). Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Serving size: 1 cupcake
Saturated Fat: 4g
Copyright 2016-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD