A Healthy Variation on an Old Standby: Watermelon Salsa
This summer, try some salsa with a fresh fruit twist. This sweet and spicy Watermelon Salsa is livened up with fresh mint, ginger and jalapeños. Serve with whole grain tortilla chips.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 3 cups chopped watermelon, seeded or seedless
- 1 cup chopped honeydew
- 1 medium English cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves, plus additional for garnish, if desired
- 2 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger or ginger juice
- 2 Tbsp seeded and finely chopped jalapeño peppers
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice and brown sugar until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately, garnished with additional mint, if desired. May be prepared 2 hours in advance, kept covered and chilled.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Saturated Fat: 0g
Copyright 2016-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD