Hot Sauce and Cool Blue Cheese on a Buffalo Chicken Pizza
For a thin-crust pizza that can be ready in minutes, try this Buffalo chicken pizza. Whole grain flat breads make an easy crust. For a less spicy Buffalo chicken, hold off on the hot sauce.
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce, medium to spicy heat
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 whole grain flat breads (about 7 inches each)
- 2 Tbsp shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or Monterey jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425°.
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and tomato sauce. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
Arrange flat breads on baking sheets. Cover each flat bread with chicken mixture, cheeses and scallions. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Serving size: 1 flat bread
Per Serving: Calories: 213 Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 554mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 6g Protein: 19g
Copyright 2016-2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD