A Memorial Day Treat: Mini-Cheesecakes
Get out the red, white and blue with these mini cheesecakes. Top each one with blueberries and strawberry slices for a delicious patriotic treat.
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 12 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 6 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt (gluten free if needed)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- Fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a mini muffin pan with 24 mini-cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the almonds with the coconut oil. Divide the mixture among the cupcake liners and press the mixture into the cupcake liners to form a crust.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Beat in the honey and vanilla. Add egg and egg whites; beat until blended.
- Fill each mini-cupcake liner with cream cheese mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until puffed and set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour (centers will sink slightly).
- Top each mini cheesecake with blueberries or strawberries. Chill for at least 1 hour. Keep chilled until serving.
Serving Size: 2 cheesecakes
Saturated Fat: 4g
Copyright 2016-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD