Serve Shrimp from the Grill With a Spicy-Sweet Mango Salsa
High protein shrimp is an easy and quick dinner to prepare on the grill. Cook the shrimp until it is pink on the outside and white on the inside. Refreshing mango salsa makes a healthy dip for this easy seafood recipe.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup beer or white wine
- 1 lb jumbo deveined unpeeled shrimp
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mango or defrosted frozen mango, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup low fat plain yogurt (gluten free if needed)
- Make shrimp marinade: In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, paprika, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and beer and puree until it becomes a smooth paste. In a large bowl, combine shrimp and marinade and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Make mango jalapeno sauce: In a blender, puree mango and water and set aside. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add red onion and jalapeno and saute until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add mango puree; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in yogurt.
- Lightly coat a grill rack or nonstick grill pan with cooking spray. Set heat to medium-high. Cook shrimp about 2 minutes on each side. Remove shrimp and sprinkle with cilantro and a splash of fresh-squeezed lime juice. Serve shrimp with sauce.
- 4-5 shrimp
- 1/2 cup sauce
Per Serving: Calories: 194 Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 174mg Sodium: 332mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 1g Protein: 24g
Copyright 2016-2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 5, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD