Smoked Salmon Crisps Turn Cheese Into Crackers
Here’s a healthy twist on cream cheese and lox. Filled with flavor, these Smoked Salmon Crisps are made with Parmesan cheese “crackers” and cream cheese.
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 small fennel, finely chopped
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- Fennel fronds, chopped (for garnish)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 425°.
- To make the crisps, mix the Parmesan with the flour and pepper to taste. Spoon teaspoonful-size rounds onto the prepared baking pan and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the rounds for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the round is crisp. With a spatula, transfer each crisp to a sheet of wax paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with the lemon zest.
- Spoon a small amount of the cream cheese mixture on top of each crisp. Sprinkle with a few fennel seeds, the chopped fennel and pieces of salmon. Garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.
Serving size: 2 crisps
Per Serving: Calories: 64 Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 388mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Protein: 6g
Copyright 2016-2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD